racing my buddies 350z

I raced one before the Intake and they are not slow cars. I think if you launch good you will take him to about the 1/8th and if you race the full 1/4 he will win because they are pretty good up top. Good Luck. Buy some NAWZZZZZZZZZZ and ensure the victory.

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteDevil said:
Yeah brainiac but this isnt a 45 roll its an 1/8th mile drag race. he might trap i little more but u will beat him. If he gets a good run he might go 9.40s. Those 350Zs arent that fast. I see them at the track going mid 14s all day even with mods. Go get him.

100% correct. This is a drag race, not a pull from 45mph. Your car's advantage is low end, and the ability to get out of the hole. If you race one from a roll, you are playing into the 350's strengths. Like was said, you might end up beating him and trap a lesser mph.

Thanks for all the input guys... it's on for tommorow. No money being laid down or anything, just a friendly race. I'm going to re-install a chip I had laying around that I took out because I didn't think it did anything. But I've been reading the computer retards timing when you shift?? I'm hoping these chip people were halfway smart and got rid of that, and maybe a couple other tiny things I don't know about. It's a hypertech chip, just a generic one for a 94 mustang, nothing tailored to my car. Anyone know anything about it? I didn't dyno with it, should have done before and after runs but didn't think about it. I'll keep ya'll posted about the race tommorow. Hopefully yours truly can notch up a win.. I live in Ft. Worth and we're racing at kennedale on there test and tune night if anyone in the area wants to come out and see... I'm driving the green 94 that needs a paint job. His z is all black with some nice aftermarket rims... I think I'll do pretty good. Manage to dust a new GT there consistently by a 10th of a second and I would think they'd run better than a z in the 1/8th... but who knows.. it's all bench racing till you get down to the line... wish me luck... by the way, I'm not getting there until after class, so prolly around 8:30ish... he might be there earlier...

Thanks... I'm pretty sure it will be a good race. I just like to go, pull a few good runs and watch the really fast cars tear it up. I think I could get some much better times though. I noticed someone on here with similiar mods is running 8.7x's @ 77 in the 1/8th, I'm running 9's @ 77 in the 1/8th... I know the car has better potential but for whatever reason (driving and/or weather) I 'm not seeing 8's... maybe tommorow night... Either way, I don't really care, it's a friendly race, his is a newer car and I'm pretty sure the car has the potential to win, thats good enough for me. I'm just going to go and have fun...

Tonight sucked. I ran a first run of 10.something to his high 10. My nittos didn't hook in the left lane (I think it was ****ed) and I had to bog 2nd to get going. We ran side by side in second and his computer screwed him on the 2-3 shift cause he slipped back fast in 3rd. He said he forgot to turn the traction control computer off and it screwed up his launch. I believe him. The second and last run of the evening began with us switching lanes, I bogged super bad off the line and cut a 2.1 something 60 and he spun first and second almost off the track and shut it down to an 11 or 12 something. I ran a 9.3... pretty pathetic. After that someone blew up or something at the big end, they shut down both lanes to clean it up but there was such a line ahead of us to run and it was already late we just left... pretty dissapointing night... oh well... maybe next time...

How'd it go?

My friend has a 350z and I've driven it before - fun car and decently quick. They are quickest from a roll. Last time we went to the track he ran a 14.9 with a load of spin. Two other Zs were there running a best of a 14.0 and a 14.3.