Suspension Rack and pinion replacement bellows

Wayne Waldrep

Before I post a pic, do you have one of yours?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
I have the UniSteer manual rack and pinion kit. I need to replace the inner tie rod bellows so I can get this thing aligned and back on the road. I've been sitting here all morning searching with no luck. All I can find is the ones with the crossover tube holes. I do not want those. The ones I find don't seem to be correctly sized. Even the UniSteer site doesn't have them. Can anybody do some magic and help me find some?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yikes..... Can't do that.
Screenshot_20211009-132343_Chrome.jpg

Have you tried looking at OEM manual rack bellows? Back in the 90's I bought an 81 with an inline 6 and factory manual steering and brakes. So I just looked on rockauto for that car...

1633881646190.png

The manual ones shown do not have the vent tube hole, just the power steering ones.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the rock auto link.
I found these at NPD. What do y'all think? The problem I'm having is they all have varying sizes on both end holes. Some of them in the past haven't been stretchy enough to fit over the big end. Half of them have no size listed. I hate ordering $30-40 of stuff and it doesn't fit. https://www.npdlink.com/product/seal-tie-rod-to-gear-repro-incl-inner/164713

Thanks for the rock auto link.
I found these at NPD. What do y'all think? The problem I'm having is they all have varying sizes on both end holes. Some of them in the past haven't been stretchy enough to fit over the big end. Half of them have no size listed. I hate ordering $30-40 of stuff and it doesn't fit. https://www.npdlink.com/product/seal-tie-rod-to-gear-repro-incl-inner/164713
It says they're available in-store at all NPD's locations... I bet that means you could call them up and ask somebody to take a look and measure them for you

I talked to them... Thanks. I ended up ordering some from my buddy at the Ford place here. He found one of the choices from crossing the number over. I'll give the details when they come in Monday.

How much were OEM ones from a dealership? My SN95 rack and new inner tie rods have already arrived, just waiting on the rest of the parts to do the SN95 rack swap. I may grab new bellows too, and wasn't sure if going OEM is important/worth it in this case

I don't think you can get OEM. Doesn't matter for me though because i have the UniSteer manual kit. I just got a pair for a manual steering fox body. We will see if they fit. They are cheap. Look at the rock auto pic above for reference. Any of those are fine for my car. Not sure on your SN rack.