Radiater hose

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
I was looking at why my car is over heating. And i turned it on drove it around and got it to get normal temps. Then i was looking at the top radiator hose and never once did it have pressure, i was holding it down with my hand with some gloves. You could fell the water pass tru, but it never held pressure. Its suppose to have pressure sometimes right to let it cool down in the radiator??? The t stat has bout 1000 miles on it. So i dont think its that. Honesstly i have no idea???? What do u guys think????

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, that thing should get hard and hot. Make sure you have ALL the air out by parking the car up hill to try and purge the air. Also, as a quick fix, get a new t-stat, there cheap and if it fixes the problem then your happy. Get a 180deg.

Are there any bubbles in your overflow tank, or is it puking out coolant?..sorry had to ask. Is there any coolant loss anywhere else? Oil, exhuast(smell), ground?

i know hissin told me how to bleed it out but can you tell me to, sometimes i get confused and do something totally different, just to make sure.

Ditch the 160 thermostat. The reason that you are overheating is because the coolant in the radiator doesnt have enough time to cool off before the thermo opens and pushes the coolant through the system. I had a 160 in mine for a while and had the same problem until i swapped out the 160 for a 180. Another thing to check is the cap, and to make sure you are holding pressure in your system. Get a coolant pressure checker and go from there. another thing that will help to purge the coolant system is to drill a small hole in the thermostat and install the hole toward the top. hope this helps.

which way does the thermostat go in? Hiw much is one of those coolant presure checker? And would there be another reason im not holdong pressure?

If there`s no leaks and you`re not holding pressure,you probably need a new radiator cap.

The back side or spring part of the thermostat faces the intake manifold.

160* is too low...180* minimum or 190*+ for colder weather.

Get a High-Flow thermostat instead of the small standard size.

ok im gonna get a new cap and a 180 t stat. hope it fixes it, or im gonna have to take the radiotor to get cleaned really good(forgot what its called)