• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

radiator

  • Thread starter Thread starter 302fordracer
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2004

302fordracer

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
738
0
0
Vancouver, WA
Aug 12, 2004
#1
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #1
I am planning soon on boosting the power of my cooling system...what is the best performance radiator to switch to..and besides the radiator what can I do to assist cooling...I know I could get a t-stat but what would I have to do to make the t-stat work properly...mechanic at the ford dealership said a 180* t-stat might throw a CE light...
 

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
3,464
1
69
Syracuse, NY
Aug 12, 2004
#2
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #2
ive had my 180 degree thermo in for over a year and never had any problems with it, i dont think ive ever heard of it throwing a CE light
 
R

rockin_rick

Member
Oct 9, 2003
968
1
17
Aug 12, 2004
#3
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #3
I'd say Fluidyne. I got mine at absoluteradiator.com
http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=112

This is for the manual trans version - $337.00 shipped.

To help with corrosion and radiator life, ground the radiator to the block with a ground strap. I got one at autozone in the HELP! section that reached from the radiator to the block.

I also recommend de-ionized (a type of distilled) water. I got 5 gals of de-ionized at Culligan for about $6.00.

Rick
 

squall9393

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
534
0
0
Oceanside, CA
Aug 12, 2004
#4
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #4
Fluidyne for sure Additives might help some. Like Water Wetter and DEI makes one I believe that guarentees cooler temps. As for the thermostat don't let them feed you that. however after I started using the 180* therm my fan crap the bed on me and I ended up putting a Flex-a-Lite fan in You can set the temp on the fan to turn on when ever it reaches the desired temp you set it at. Also the Cool Flex hoses are better over stock in terms of flow and they are metal (copper) so it wicks of heat transfered through them- however that means more heat in the engine bay too. There's my 2 pennies. Hope it helped.
 

squall9393

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
534
0
0
Oceanside, CA
Aug 12, 2004
#5
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #5
rockin_rick said:
I'd say Fluidyne. I got mine at absoluteradiator.com
http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=112

This is for the manual trans version - $337.00 shipped.

To help with corrosion and radiator life, ground the radiator to the block with a ground strap. I got one at autozone in the HELP! section that reached from the radiator to the block.

I also recommend de-ionized (a type of distilled) water. I got 5 gals of de-ionized at Culligan for about $6.00.

Rick
Click to expand...
What does grounding the radiator do? There's nothing electrical in or on it that i know of.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
250
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
533
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Resolved Got Too Hot!!!
  • PonyGTrider
  • Apr 27, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
659
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 6, 2025
PonyGTrider
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
139
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?