Radio removal for dummies

Hey guys I'm trying to pull the stock radio with the equalizer out of my 87 gt. I have gotten it loose but it won't pull out the rest of the way and I can't access the wire harness to unplug it... Is there some trick I'm missing? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_175150.jpg
    IMG_20200515_175150.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok after cursing and drinking I found what I assume is some sort of grounding clip removed it and it slid right out so now I feel real stupid!

Next issue is this car came with the equalizer and an amp under the radio. I got the harness kit from LMR but what should I do in regards to the amp wire harness? If I just hook the new deck up and bypass the amp will the radio work?

Hey guys I pulled the amp but I'm a little confused on what to do with the wiring for the amp. Does it need to be removed for the new deck to work? Some guy at an audio shop told me I had to cut the harness for the amp and splice that into the new deck but that doesn't sound right to me based on what I have read here... It sounded like I would not need to cut any existing wiring right?

I put the new OEM wiring harness on the stereo plugged it in to the stock harness and it powered up but no sound.

Thanks for moving me to the right forum my bad. If there is a sticky I will look there I just have not found that either. I really appreciate all the help guys, not the handiest guy here but I'm trying!