Radio

• Sponsors (?)

I’m not sure what you are looking for exactly, but I’ve had good luck with infinity reference series speakers. I have them in the doors of my F150 running off an alpine 4 channel amp. Does the job. Check our crutchfield.com and enter your car type. It will give you all the speakers that will fit into the factory holes.
I have done extensive car audio installations over the years, and one thing people tend to forget is speaker RMS ratings vs what the head unit puts out. I don’t know of any deck on the market that puts out RMS power for aftermarket speakers. Keep that in mind when shopping for your speakers, you will need an amp to run them properly.

If the car originally had the Mach 460 in it, you'll want to change out the speakers. From what I remember, the mach 460 speakers were rated at an odd impedance to work with the amps, so when you go with an aftermarket setup, you need to bypass the amps and change the speakers.

Needless to say, a ground up matched system will likely make a huge improvement.

If the car originally had the Mach 460 in it, you'll want to change out the speakers. From what I remember, the mach 460 speakers were rated at an odd impedance to work with the amps, so when you go with an aftermarket setup, you need to bypass the amps and change the speakers.

Needless to say, a ground up matched system will likely make a huge improvement.
Mustang5L5,
Any idea on how many amps and their locations in a 1999 convertible. Just bought the car and I'm not sure if the system is a Mach 460 or just Premium Sound System. I know that there is an amp located on the transmission hump under the CD player.