Random pictures of car stuff

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Not any real updates, but heres a few random pictures of the cars, some autocrossing I did 2 weeks ago, and the seat im working on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

newseat.jpg

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

update3.jpg

update4.jpg

update5.jpg

update6.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 73
  • newseat.jpg
    newseat.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 84
  • update1.jpg
    update1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 65
  • update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 77
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 70
  • update3.jpg
    update3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 89
  • update4.jpg
    update4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 76
  • update5.jpg
    update5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 70
  • update6.jpg
    update6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

The hood on the car (94) is the ABC exclusive Saleen copy. I should have just went with Kaenen on the hood too, but I figured I would just get all the body parts from one vendor (ABC Exclusive).. So far, the rear bumper was very wavey, and im hoping the front and hood are not as bad.

The hood I was working on ( the stock one) I traded it out to Zach (1105)

Who's red saleen is that....you didn't paint the yellow one red did you, i HOPE not

Zinc yellow :drool:

BTW-where did you get the saleen rims, i'll prob end up getting some rims for my yellow '01 in the spring (if i still own it then, lol)

Ford Ranger wheels? :nonono: I don't even have those on my trucks! As a matter of fact, my Splash got an old set of waffles, lol. J/K man. Put the center caps in & see how that looks..... :D

Yea Im happy with the door panel, but will redo the bottom red insert in black sweede or carpet, as stock.. No, the door insert piece is not molded, its just as the factory had it, but I've painted it silver. The door cup armrest deal was designed to flow in with the door panel, to appear as one.

On the autocrossing, first time out I managed to run off course, second time around I only hit 1 cone, and ran a 42 second ( top run of day in moddified was 38).. I had a blast though, just wish it would haved cooled down some that day.

Red Saleen is my fathers, its torch red I believe, 02 S281SC, neat car..But I smoked him at the track in my bone stock automatic 01 GT :D

The wheels I bought from Volpaz, with a $40 credit off Corral.net.. I think I paid $780 for 4 18x9's shipped with the install kit.. Tires I got a steal on, from a buddy at Discount tire ( 265, 275x35's mounted balanced and installed for $550, BFG G force tires at that)

Hey now, those are Jeep wheels! I got them for $20 bucks when I really needed a set of 15's to mount my BFG DR's on..
Now they just serve as junk, to roll around on.

My bad... I didn't even know Jeeps had the 5x4.5" pattern. They DO look nearly identical to newer Ranger wheels, though.

'01 "bone stock auto. GT beats '02 S281. Now, please do explain exactly what happened on the track that day.....

yeah thats one good thing about saleen front it has a good spot for intercooler. plus it looks sick.

JR dont take this the wrong way I love your cars man your work is so awesome but im just not a fan of the 'faux' saleen look, they LOOK awesome but its just not my cup of tea.

Those saleen seats look very nice and comfy where did you get them? You going to do a rear seat delete?

I don't know about the '02 Saleen's, but a buddy of mine has a '99 S281, and I hate to say it, but it's really not that fast. Now, before I get mobbed by everyone who lives and dies by Saleen, I am just going off of the few that I have seen run at drag strips. There advertised 375 HP seems to be a bit on the high side, and times don't reflect anywhere near those types of power numbers. Another friend has a '99 GT w/ full exhaust and will pretty much hand the Saleen it's butt. He dyno'ed at 260 to the rear wheels, and from what people at AFM have told me, the Saleens were no where close to 375 (-15%) to the rear wheels. Those '99 GT's were factory freaks, running a time of 14.0 @ 100 mph bone stock is pretty respectible. Oink beating his dad's Saleen could be a totally different story though.

I'm not a expert Saleen guy but I know that most S281s are nothing more than a mustang GT with a body kit and a few suspension upgrades. There are some that came with superchargers. Kinda like the Roush mustangs how they were made in stages. Like stage 1 was basically a mustang gt with a body and little suspension upgrades and stage 2 was a mustang GT with body kit and more suspension upgrades and then stage 3(last) that came with everything including a supercharger.

I believe that the S281SC are the ones that came supercharged and are the ones with 375HP. The S281s are the ones with just the body kit and some suspension upgrades.

the kit is coming along mike :nice:
well done. of course it helps that you know what you're doing.
but since you got such a good deal on that, i think i'll be doing the same thing to my car
SAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN KIT! :D

pleasehelp said:
I'm not a expert Saleen guy but I know that most S281s are nothing more than a mustang GT with a body kit and a few suspension upgrades. There are some that came with superchargers. Kinda like the Roush mustangs how they were made in stages. Like stage 1 was basically a mustang gt with a body and little suspension upgrades and stage 2 was a mustang GT with body kit and more suspension upgrades and then stage 3(last) that came with everything including a supercharger.

I believe that the S281SC are the ones that came supercharged and are the ones with 375HP. The S281s are the ones with just the body kit and some suspension upgrades.
Sorry to not make myself clear, I was talking about the supercharged Saleen S281's. BTW... a Stage 1 Roush is a V-6, the Stage II's and III's are the GT's, III's having a supercharger

OinkAodeOink said:
Yea, I was;nt even a big Saleen fan until my father bought his.. The look kinda grew on me, and I ended up finding an awesome deal on the body kit.

I got the seats from U pull It ( junkyard) for $10 bucks.

WHATTT! $10 for those seats??? Holy **** why cant I ever find the great deals. are you serious? Ill give you 25x that amount for them. :hail2: