Fox Raw fuel in intake

Scottybronco

Jan 16, 2019
Bc
So brand new engine with a trick flow upper and lower intake and I qne to remove the valve covers to do a valve adjustment and I noticed there is raw fuel in all the runners on the lower... I'm pretty sure its fuel anyway not sure what other liquid it would be... any idea what would cause this? Its does not idle when cold but it has a cam and 30lb injectors ect 76 cl ect and I havent turned the computer yet

Any help.would be greatly appriciated

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

So brand new engine with a trick flow upper and lower intake and I qne to remove the valve covers to do a valve adjustment and I noticed there is raw fuel in all the runners on the lower... I'm pretty sure its fuel anyway not sure what other liquid it would be... any idea what would cause this? Its does not idle when cold but it has a cam and 30lb injectors ect 76 cl ect and I havent turned the computer yet

Any help.would be greatly appriciated

Thanks in advance
You sort of answered your own question . You have a meter that is sub par and the ecu is not happy with the big injectors . It’s super rich becareful not to wash down the cyl like that . Spary pattern on the injectors could suck too they may need to be flower and cleaned .

You sort of answered your own question . You have a meter that is sub par and the ecu is not happy with the big injectors . It’s super rich becareful not to wash down the cyl like that . Spary pattern on the injectors could suck too they may need to be flower and cleaned .

I suspected that problem but the plugs seems to show quite a nice burn .... no black no soot. But either way I'll have the computer retu ed and go from there

I suspected that problem but the plugs seems to show quite a nice burn .... no black no soot. But either way I'll have the computer retu ed and go from there
That’s interesting . You are getting tuned but that meter is just not a favorite of mine . ( yes I owned one ) Pro m is really the way to go for a mass air meter .

If the fuel pressure diaphragm leaks, it will allow fuel to be sucked into the intake manifold through the vacuum line that attaches to the upper intake manifold.

The following are diagrams courtesy of Tmoss & Stang&2birds

Vacuum diagram 89-93 Mustangs
mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

See the following website for some help from Tmoss (diagram designer) & Stang&2Birds (website host) for help on 88-95 wiring; http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/ Everyone should bookmark this site.

TFI module wiring for 94-95 Mustang GT
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/Mustang-94-95-IgnitionControlModule.gif

Complete computer, actuator & sensor wiring diagram for 94-95 Mustangs

Complete computer, actuator & sensor wiring diagram for 91-93 Mass Air Mustangs

Complete computer, actuator & sensor wiring diagram for 88-90 Mass Air Mustangs

Ignition switch wiring

Fuel, alternator, A/C and ignition wiring

O2 sensor wiring harness

Vacuum diagram 89-93 Mustangs

HVAC vacuum diagram

TFI module differences & pin out

Fuse box layout

Mustang 5.0 Lights and Radio schematic, by TMoss:
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/mustangFoxLights-Radio_diag.gif

87-92 power window wiring

93 power window wiring

T5 Cutaway showing T5 internal parts

Visual comparison of the Ford Fuel Injectors, picture by TMoss:

Convertible top motor wiring http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/mustang88VertTopMotorCkt.gif

Engine mounted fuel injector harness

Location of the TPS, IAB, and the 10-pin connectors on a 5.0, picture by TMoss:

Starter circuit

Alternator diagram for 94-95 Mustangs.

As much as I hate the cl meters I wouldn't blame the tune completely. To have that much fuel i'd look at the fuel pressure regulator and verify the diaphragm isn't bad in it. Also i've had a few pmas meters over the years and have great results with them. I've replaced bbk and older pro m meters with them for half the cost