Re-jetting a Carter 750

67coupestang

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
Me thinks my carter is running too lean at speed, So i was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to change the jets. Is there some kind of magic formula for what sixe to install or is it trial and error?? also if i pulled mine out are they printed with the size? TIA :nice: :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

the jets on a carter are the last thing to try, first go to edelbrock.com and download their carb tuning .pdf files. then go to ur local checker/shucks/kragen and pick up a set of return springs for the metering rods. try two steps fatter on the springs, if you get to the fattest spring and are still lean then go to changing the metering rods starting two sizes higher with the leanest spring and repeat until your plugs show a white residue on the arm and 1/2 way around the plug face. if your running no2 then tun until you get a milk-chocolate color on the plug arm and 1/2 way aroung the face.

hope this helps, i can get picks of my carter and the plugs if you need.

When you mean at speed are you referring to driving down the freeway? And if so, wouldn't you want to change the main jets and the metering rods to adjust the ratio? I'm asking this because I have the same problem with mine and I was going to change the main jets.