Ready For Tilt Steering

Tom S

Oct 15, 2013
New York
I really hate having to swing my leg under the wheel when I get in . Especially if making frequent stops . My question is if I get a column from a 5spd car will I have a problem with not having the A/T lock out ? I drove around with an automatic column on my 5spd Jeep for years until a buddy gave me a std column . I just zip tied the column into unlock all the time so I could remove the key w/o any fuss . What would be the result of the std column in an auto car ? You could start/shut the car off in gear ? I have a line on one but he does not know what it came out of . Just that it's an 87-89 Fox with tilt/CC .

• Sponsors (?)

I just swapped a 5.0 into my 92 4 cyl and I brought the tilt column over with it. Bolted in, but I deleted the cruise control. Should consider that. The column plastic didn't fit, and the donor car didn't have them, so I have an ugly exposed column. I know the ignition plugs will fit fine, not sure about the turn signals and whatnot. Also, you are probably going to have an airbag light forever now.

I have 2 columns , paid $10 for the two . But no plastic surrounds either . Have to hit the U Pull for those . Those that have done the swap say you need to swap the turn signal on the col to the one from your car . As for the light , just remove the bulb . There is a write up on stangnet " Tilt wheel tilt 89? into 91lx what is involved? ". http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...to-91lx-what-is-involved.816962/#post-8225956