Really confused about my rear end/sn95 rear brake upgrade

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
I have a 93 lx. Car is a 4cyl conversion. I plan on getting some type of 31 spline center with 4.10 gears. I have all the brake stuff from a V8 fox car. I want to run fox length axles, and sn95 rear brakes. I did the front conversion fine. I have all the brake parts off of a 97 v6 car. Is this everything I need? Somebody said something about a conversion kit. Do I need it? How do I connect the V8 brake line from the chassis to the sn95 components I have seen mjbobbits site, and that is not making much sense to me either. Any ideas? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i used all parts from a 95 v6. i used the rear hard line from the sn95. the hard line had a soft line connected to it about six inches (i think). i bent/move the hard line that connects to the body on top of the pumpkin over to reach the soft line i just talked about. i used the mount that was on the sn95 that connects to the exhaust flange. i had to cut one side of the the mount to make it fit on my flange.

i also decided to put the cobra master, calipers, and rotors up front. i also put the brake booster in from the 95.

if you need pics, i can post them in a day or so. let me know.

oh and you'll need new e brake cables, the sn95's don't work, you can get them from latemodelrestoration.com

and you'll have to mod the e brake handle but it wasn't that hard.

i used all parts from a 95 v6. i used the rear hard line from the sn95. Is this the harline that runs the length of the body, or is it a smaller line towards the back of the car on the sn95's. Thanks for the help!

i kept the hardline(my92) the runs the length of the car........

i used the hardline that runs across the rear axle of the sn95 that connects to the calipers, i also used the soft line piece with mount (attached)that connects to the hardline from the sn95.

i forgot that you'll need the adapter for the front passenger side, but if you already finished the front then you should be good.

ok what do I need. I have the hardline from a v8 fox body. I have the sn95 calipers and soft brake lines. I bought the North Race Cars brackets. It came with an adapter fitting. Can I bolt the caliper soft lines drectly to the fox hard line? The hardlines on the 95 were rotted so I did not save them.

ok I am still confused. If I used these adapters can I use all of the 87-93 hardware up until the ssn95 rear rubber lines that go to the caliper? Or do I still need to get the sn95 rear line?

Those adapters adapt the Fox brake hard line that is on the rear axle into the 94-95 Mustang soft line brackets you need to purchase. So you need both.

Those are the equiv to Weatherhead 7818 adapters sold at NAPA for a few bucks. Save yourself some shipping. I beleive autozone as well sells them in the bolt and fitting isle. They are in the yellow case...7/16 male to 3/8 female. I think it was 2 for $5 or so?

Those adapters adapt the Fox brake hard line that is on the rear axle into the 94-95 Mustang soft line brackets you need to purchase. So you need both.

Those are the equiv to Weatherhead 7818 adapters sold at NAPA for a few bucks. Save yourself some shipping. I beleive autozone as well sells them in the bolt and fitting isle. They are in the yellow case...7/16 male to 3/8 female. I think it was 2 for $5 or so?

ok I get it thanks for the help. The soft line brackets are on the sn95 cars? Or are they aftermarket pieces? Thanks for the help!

ok I think I got it now. I also talked to North Race Cars. He told me to cut my factory hard line and reflare it, and connect it to 1994 rear soft lines, while using those adapters. Sound right? Thanks for the help.