rear disc conversion brake lines

Jaym14

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, N.Y.
Been searching old posts to no avail....

In the middle of my 5 lug cobra disc swap.. I'm using 10th anniversary calipers... I need to know what I need to do regarding rear brake lines. Which lines are needed? Is there an adapter needed to work with the existing drum brake lines? I'm going with all MM stuff for the fronts and also a 94gt mc & booster.

one more thing.... do I need anti moans with the north race brackets????

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

ok so a little more searching and I came up with this quote from and old post

"For the rear brakes, you need softlines from a 94-95 Mustang. The bolt to the axle and you reroute your drum brake hard lines into them with use of an adapter. I forget the part number but it's not the 7828 fitting. You need one for each side.

Up front, if you buy aftermarket SS lines, you can use Fox lines and no adapter needed. The heads of aftermarket SS lines will bolt up to your cobra calipers

If you use factory SN95 lines, then you need 1 7828 weatherhead adapter for the passenger side."

Can anyone confirm this? I found a guy on ebay selling what he claims is the adapter needed (one for each side).

Also for the 10th anniversary calipers should I buy regular sn95 rear softlines or the cobra ones?

Sounds like something I said

It is!

ok so I get two of those adapters and I used them on the stock hard lines... now will they work with SS lines or do I need to go with stock rubber soft lines? Also, anyone know which lines work with 10th anniversary rears? I know they are corse threads.. but not sure if I need cobra specific lines or if regular old 94-95 lines will work.

Thanks!!

All the rear calipers are the same from 1994-2004. If you get a caliper off a 1994 V6, it's the same rear caliper as off a 2004 Cobra (minus the caliper mounting bracket) Banjo bolts are the same.

You can use them with the stock 94-95 rubber lines or the max motorsports SS line kit.

BTW, i have the MM SS kit on my rear and it's a nice part. I have pics in my huge progress thread

All the rear calipers are the same from 1994-2004. If you get a caliper off a 1994 V6, it's the same rear caliper as off a 2004 Cobra (minus the caliper mounting bracket) Banjo bolts are the same.

You can use them with the stock 94-95 rubber lines or the max motorsports SS line kit.

BTW, i have the MM SS kit on my rear and it's a nice part. I have pics in my huge progress thread

thanks, I'm going to check those pics... did you also replace the stock center line with a SS unit as well?