rear disk conversion.. Please help

cnj101

May 8, 2005
Pocono's
This whole 5 lug rear disk conversion thing has somehow gotten me confused due to offsets and all that. Can I just go to the bone yard and get the axles, calipers. brackets, rotors, and cali[ers off of a 94+ along with the front rotor setup or does it not work that way. I went to the svo73mm page and it just confused the hell out of me. Which makes me feel pretty stupid considering I was a ford tech for 5 years before moveing up to asst service mngr.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe the SN95 axles are .75" longer than the fox axles. Just make sure you'll have enough fender to tire clearance with whatever wheels & tires you want to run...

Because of the fox body's shorter axle tubes, you will not be able to use the sn95 brackets. You'll need to pick up a set of north cobra brackets (do a search on them) and get the proper size for your application. The only alternative to use the sn95 rear brakes would be to buy the complete rear end assembly.

millhouse said:
Because of the fox body's shorter axle tubes, you will not be able to use the sn95 brackets. You'll need to pick up a set of north cobra brackets (do a search on them) and get the proper size for your application. The only alternative to use the sn95 rear brakes would be to buy the complete rear end assembly.

You only need North Cobra Brackets if you want to use STOCK length axles, if you use Sn95 Axles they are a direct bolt in. The Fox body does not have shorter axle tubes from the 94-98 either, it 99-04 that is wider.

Kerpal said:
I believe the SN95 axles are .75" longer than the fox axles. Just make sure you'll have enough fender to tire clearance with whatever wheels & tires you want to run...

As long as he runs SN95 Wheels and tires he will be fine! Bullitts filled out my rear fenderwells nicely!

Shakerhood said:
You only need North Cobra Brackets if you want to use STOCK length axles, if you use Sn95 Axles they are a direct bolt in. The Fox body does not have shorter axle tubes from the 94-98 either, it 99-04 that is wider.

Yep, my bad.

The 94 to I believe 98 axles are .75" longer per side, and the 99+ are close to 1.5 per side (again I believe).

You must use the brakets which came off of the vehicle you got the axles from. I had some problems finding any salvage yard that would part out a mustang rear end, so I bought some stock length axles...which require the use of the north cobra brackets. :nice:

Car RamRod said:
just make life easy on yourself, take a complete rear end, with the discs already on, this way you know everything works already. Im not sure on the years though.

If he wants an entire SN95 rear housing, he can use 94-98. no 99 and ups!