Rear disk swap

KGOFF

Nov 25, 2007
nj
Morning guys,
Looking for parts to complete the 5 lug rear disk swap on my 87 vert.I currently have the front set up off a 95 and a complete rear with 373's and disk breaks.The rear has antilock brakes.I was trying to figure out which booster will fit without having to bang up the strut tower?I am watching this item on ebay(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220363356154)hoping this will fit and is the correct one.Any help would be great.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I used a 1993 cobra booster which, as I have read, should have went right in. The bolt holes line up great, but I still had to bang the strut tower quite a bit to get it in.
Remember, on the booster you are watching, you will have to enlarge one of the holes to make it fit.
I got my 93 cobra booster and master cylinder for $75. Just to give you an idea of whats out there.
Good luck with the swap.

I have a newer Fox booster in my car - I replaced it a year before the 5 lug conversion. It stops fine on regular stops, but is HARD on panic stops. Altering the strut tower is just a fact most of the time if you want the best performance out of SN95 brakes, and like the guys said, the 93 Cobra is the best fit. It is well worth it though, I just haven't had the time to swap mine over.

Good luck!