Rear end beginning to drop

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
:( The rear of my car is beginning to droop down. I was thinking about replacing the shocks, so any cheap suggestions?

By droop.. I'm talking about the old foxbody type of drop....Where the back is as low as/lower than the front :nonono:

So... Shocks.. which will raise my rear up again?

• Sponsors (?)

Or save yourself $100 or so and get a set of Ford Racing C-Springs. These can be had for as low as $109. They will lower you about the same as the Eibach Pro-kit springs. And guess what? They are wound by Eibach for Ford. They are not exact copies of the Prokit springs as the spring rates are different. You can't beat them for the price. You could have a nice suspension for about $340 or so by getting a set of C-springs and a set of Mach I shocks/struts.

well, the c springs would just skip the step of you putting stock springs back on, then regain the whole 4x4 look, then put in a set of springs to lower it. The c springs only lower it about 3/4 of an inch I believe. So it will be a new set of springs, but it will only be a little lower than a stock set of springs. It wont take it lower than what it is now I'd imagine. This is probably what I will be doings, along with the Mach tockicos. Good luck, maybe someone else will chime in.

I don't believe that the 94-98s had the 4x4 image nearly as much as the 99+....

I'm looking for a set which will put me to stock height in the back.. or maybe alittle more? I'm running bigger tires than it came with, so.. stock is where I need to be...

Anymore suggestions?