Rear End Clunking Noise.....

BennytheJet

Dec 23, 2004
I drive a manual 2016 Mustang GT with PP. Is it normal to hear a clunking noise in the rear end when there is a sudden change is speed? Whenever I am traveling less than 10 MPH and I pump the brake or release the gas pedal, I hear a clunking sound coming from the rear end. I also hear the noise when I go over a speed bump. The front wheels are quiet, but the rear ones make a louder than normal sound. I took my car in to Ford to take a look at it. They acknowledged there was noise coming from the back, but said it was a loose sub woofer. The car was with Ford for about 2 weeks. The noise is still there.

Before I go back, I would like to know if anyone has experienced this noise and whether or not it's normal.

Thank you,

• Sponsors (?)

Mine has the same slop that allows this clunking, did you ever get any help from the dealer?
I took mine in with around two thousand miles on it, was told it was normal, and there was nothing that could be done.
I would really like to know exactly what causes this and if it can be reduced to what I think is normal.