Rear lower control arm bushings

• Sponsors (?)

Ugh. Changing bushings is about the :poo:tiest job there is. Like bushing comes out of the control arm like a gun in the press and hits you square in the nuts :poo:ty You sure you don't want to just find some used some new or used control arms?

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
I've always wanted to get a set of these bad boys but my pocket book will never allow it

Those remind me of these upper Arms for my Dodge I drool over

1110U-A.jpg
New \"ON CAR ADJUSTABLE\" Dodge B&E Body Geometry Corrected Tubular Upper A-Arms

Hotchkis Sport Suspension 1110 Dodge B and E Body Geometry Corrected Tubular Upper A-Arms. Dramatic ...
$816.99
SKU: 1110U-A

Reactions: 1 user
I bought an older set of SVE upper/lower control arms that needed new bushings. Got the old ones out with a minimum of four letter words. Anybody know if the BBK replacement bushings will fit? I bought a set of Prothane (P/N: 6-301) bushings from CJ's, but even they haven't arrived yet, I'm thinking there not going to work. Thoughts?

I did that and it was very hard work. Heating drilling. Then I could not get the bolts to line up right. Very difficult...And of coarse didnt feel any difference,
Maximum Motorsports sells a tool (MMT-1) that makes removing/installing bushings relatively easy - for about $40. Also, can be used to remove/insert a poly bushing from/into the steel sleeve with some creativity. Here's the link: https://www.cjponyparts.com/maximum...UtWkyCFmkq8Qp1T3bea0GTgh_2PoK4QoaAkMEEALw_wcB
This is for a Ford 8.8 rear. Check to make sure it works for your application. Also, removing the rubber bushing from the steel sleeve can be done by putting a propane torch on the sleeve and heating it until the rubber bubbles followed by just pushing or pulling the rubber out. Good luck! I know this because I was replacing the rubber bushings with poly and had to re-use the steel sleeves. BTW, heating the steel sleeves creates a lot of smoke (and flames if you're not careful!). And hopefully it goes without saying that the rubber bushings are NOT re-usable after you torch them.