Rear rotor alignment after SN95 swap

I have Foxbody 5 lug axles in my '90. I did the SN95 swap and the rear rotors need about 1/2" more outboard room for the calipers to mount. Has anyone used a spacer between the rotor and axle flange to bring the rotor out. Probably SN95 axles would have been the way to go, but not at this point. Looking forward to your opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes Flipping the brackets from left to right will allow disc brakes to install on the fox length 5 lug wheels. It moves the position of the caliper. ( never done this personally so but have read lots of info here )

This link also leads to a company that makes brackets specifically for your issue.

Reactions: 1 user
The North Race Car brackets are pricey, but they are quality stuff, and did the job perfectly for me.
I have heard of flipping the original brackets as well, but I think you need to cut them, which only leaves three mounting bolts for each, and I wasn’t crazy about that. At least the research I did on it a while ago showed this to be the case.
And the longer SN95 axles on a fox hinder wheel selection, due to them pushing the wheels out toward the fenders more.

I used the NRC brackets and still had to use 2 washers on each bolt to center the caliper bracket . Fox length axles are the way to go . Sn95 axles would leave you very limited on wheel choice

The difference between the fox and 94-98 SN95 axles is 3/4”. That’s a significant gap to make up.

your two safest options are:

run the 94-98 SN95 axles

Or purchase the LMR/ north cobras offset csliper brackets to relocate the calipers inboard that 3/4”.

Thanks for your replies. I took your advice and bought the North Race Cars brackets. They are pricey and they know they got you by the chones. From all I read, I didn't want to do the SN95 axles with the 17x9 wheels I have. Thanks again for your quick replies.

Reactions: 1 users
After the NorthRacecars brackets, the alignment for the rotor is dead on, IME.

Attachments

• 20210321_132008.jpg
    20210321_132008.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210321_130838.jpg
    20210321_130838.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 1 users