Rear Seat belt Locked need help

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
Well I took out my rear seat to remove the rear side interior panel, to adjust the rear left window. After I adjusted it and was putting my seatback together, the right rear seat belt was harnessed on the front seat so it would be out of the way for the install of the seat. Once it was installed I moved the seat forward not realizing the seat belt was attached and the seat would not move. I realized the problem and un did the rear seatbelt. Then I discovered that seat belt was stuck in a lock position. So I took the seat off again to see if I could fix it. I got the seat off and I dont really know what to do. I took some pics.

Seat belt locked

The red blue and red gears are the reason for the lock, imo

But it is covered by a plastic piece and any attempt to take off the plastic piece results in the gears coming loose, and I dont want to risk losing them

I believe the yellow thing is a release, however it is covered by the plastic.

Is there some sort of safety release that Is simple to get at? Or is it something that with time it slowly releases itself back? Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

bump

Anyone have any suggestions, I posted on the corral and I got one suggestion of doing some quick stops to maybe release a velocity sensor. I stopped by a body shop he said I might just want to buy the part from ford and he would install it for me for free. Ford wants 87 for the rear passenger seat belt, so Im trying to find some alternate solutions. :shrug: