rear side window gaskets

danimaltheanima

Dec 3, 2003
Hey there guys sorry for putting this in the discussion area but I hadn't gotten any replies in the parts section in regards to what I'm looking for. I am wondering if its possible to locate new rubber gaskets for the rear side windows on my 78 cobra. I have t-tops and its a hatchback. Just want to know if you can still get them new cuz I do need them. Thanks guys.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Well they are the quarter windows on the side of the car. When I took them out there were a few screws holding a metal housing surrounding the window on the inside of the car. To get the screws unscrewed for the trim around the outside of the window you have to take off the metal housing surounding the window on the inside. So I took off the metal housing on the inside and by doing that I was able to get out the window and take off the trim. What I was left with was what I thought or would call a rubber gasket. The window wasn't held in by eurathane calking like the back window maybe or the windsheild maybe held in by. It was surrounded by a rubber gasket seal and pressed into place using that metal housing in the shape of the window itself. I am looking for two new rubber gaskets/seals for the quarter windows/ rear side windows/ back windows whatever you want to call them. Again thank you for your time..

Dan

I'm not doing some hackson jackson job on my car. I'm putting the origanal type seal on the car no matter what. I will find them somehow somewhere and its gonna be done right. I'm doing an all out resto its not some car that I'm just throwing together yuh know what I mean. So the Lowes/ Home Depot idea is a little out of the question.

I found some nice window seals for the 1/4 windows on my Coupe, by searching the internet, placing a few phone calls, and sending a sample piece to the company. I had them within a week. I too am doing an all out restomod on my car. So if your recourseful, you should have no problem finding some window seals.

danimaltheanima said:
I'm not doing some hackson jackson job on my car. I'm putting the origanal type seal on the car no matter what. I will find them somehow somewhere and its gonna be done right. I'm doing an all out resto its not some car that I'm just throwing together yuh know what I mean. So the Lowes/ Home Depot idea is a little out of the question.

Good luck to you. :rlaugh: