Rear speakers

StangII78

Feb 3, 2010
Gray, GA
OK, I wasn't going to do this but now I think I'm going to add rear speakers in my car. Every car I've had I had a kick ass sound system but had decided I wasn't going to put one in the Ghia. I would like to see some pics of how and where your rear speakers are mounted. Like I said I have a Ghia and there is not enough of a package tray to put anything in, except maybe a 4x10".:notnice: So, If any of you don't mind taking a couple of snap shots to give me some ideas that I might can use. You don't have to have a Ghia. I'd like to see all II's. Thank guys.

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

Here you can see my Pioneer TSX - 7 Three ways.
These are mounted on a 1/4 inch rod between the seat back to a plate in the trunk.

30 years old and still rockin.

Add a sub in the trunk for more punch.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...fixing-up-my-interior-thanks-advance-seat.jpg
Thanks for the reply, I remember when those Pioneer's came out. They were the buzz back in the day. I've got a 40 watt push button power booster from the late 70's I though about installing(just for grins). My uncle had it in his Duster and gave it me when he was cleaning out his closet. It still works to my amazement.
I guess I'll fabricate a fiberglass enclosure and install a component set in the real panels. The sub's are going in my Bronco. :D

Take out the back of the back seat, put in some 3/4 inch ply.

Cut a couple holes, stick in a few speakers, build a box or two on the back side of the ply ...

PUT THE SUBS IN THE TRUNK, MIDS IN THE DOORS, AND TWEETERS IN THE DASH. THAT WAY YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK LOOK. I HAVE A COUPE AND HAVE PUT ALOT OF THOUGHT INTO THIS. I HAVE NOT HAD THE MONEY TO DO IT YET. NOT ALL DOOR PANELS HAVE THE SPEAKER GRILLES IN THEM, BUT YOU CAN CUT THEM OUT OR FIND SOME THAT HAS THE GRILLES IN THEM.

That sounds like a good plan. However I plan on taking this car to the track a lot and I want to keep the weight at a minimum. I was looking for mostly rear speakers non-sub. I guess I'll mount them in the rear side panels. The Ghia came without rear speakers, at least in my car.