Rear Suspension Question??

2012 Boss 302

May 7, 2012
I have a 2012 Boss. I have a few rear suspension questions.

1) I want to drop just the rear to level the stance. H&R has rear springs for the GT500 but I'm worried they may be too stiff. Ford put a lot of time and money into this suspension and I don't want to take away from that. What is a good spring to put in the rear that will maintain the factory spring rate but lower the car 1.25-1.5 in the rear??
2) I want to replace my UCA and LCA. I have seen a lot of LCA relocation brackets. I was always under the impression these were for drag racing. Are LCA relocation brackets used for auto crossing or road racing as well?
3) If using LCA relocation brackets, are adjustable LCA manditory?? How about an adjustable UCA??:pop:

• Sponsors (?)

1) Steeda offers Boss-specific lowering springs.

2) Relocation brackets typically help with straight line grip. From the research I have done, they don't necessarily improve handling in autocross or road racing applications. You can always replace your control arms and then determine if you want/need the relocation brackets.

3) Again, from what I have read, it would appear the best bet for your application would be an adjustable UPPER control arm and bracket. As far as the adjustability of the lowers - it would depend on how much you want/need to tinker with your suspension.

2) Relocation brackets typically help with straight line grip.

Thanks, I must have skipped right over those. :doh:

I REALLY want to get rid of wheel hop. I know the control arms are supposed to take care of that. I was just wondering if the relocation brackets would help any on corner exits.

Thanks, I must have skipped right over those. :doh:

I REALLY want to get rid of wheel hop. I know the control arms are supposed to take care of that. I was just wondering if the relocation brackets would help any on corner exits.

Upper & Lower control arms will eliminate the wheel hop. I strongly recommend upgrading all three arms. When I looked into it last year, none of the Grand Sport teams were using relo brackets. (personally, I'm not a fan of relo brackets because I have seen too many failures) I upgraded all three arms on my car (as part of a full handling package) and it handles great without the relo brackets. And yes, my LCAs are higher on the axle side than they are on the body side. It is probably worth calling Rehagen to see if they recommend the relo brackets now.

2) Relocation brackets typically help with straight line grip. From the research I have done, they don't necessarily improve handling in autocross or road racing applications. You can always replace your control arms and then determine if you want/need the relocation brackets.

3) Again, from what I have read, it would appear the best bet for your application would be an adjustable UPPER control arm and bracket. As far as the adjustability of the lowers - it would depend on how much you want/need to tinker with your suspension.
As he said, we offer some Boss-specific springs. It lowers a Boss 302 approximately .2" (F) and .7" (R). They're made in the USA and feature a lifetime warranty.

The relocation brackets help the most with cars that spend time on the drag strip, however they can also benefit a car that autocrosses or road races. We offer some, however they are weld-in only (as we have seen many failures of other's brackets when they are not welded-in).

I agree that adjustable lower control arms would be a good idea if you like to tinker with your suspension. Or even our billet lower control arms, you could also get a set of spherical bearings to go with them and swap them out on race days. Otherwise, our chromoly non-adjustable lower control arms would do just fine for your purposes.

Let me know if I can help you with any of that.