Rear sway bar mounting ?

19stang66

Apr 16, 2003
Well I got to mounting the new rear sway bay (3/4") and found out I need to drill holes in the frame rails for the brackets to hold the links. Has anyone bought their rear sway bar from www.americanpony.com? The directions are really not that detailed. Well for me they are't. If you have can you give me any pointers. I supposed most sway bars are the same, so anyone that has mounted a new rear sway bar give me some help. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

wow, mine isnt even close to that. The endlinks are connected to the frame rails via a braket and the bar is connect to the axle. Anyone's like that? Ill take some pics today.

You bought one of the better sway bar kits. This one has a bracket that is welded or bolted to the axle then brackets that bolt to both sides of the frame rail. All you have to do is mount the bar on the axle first, center the axle brackets,get it level with the car then mount the frame bracket to the bar first, move up the bar to the frame keeping it level and the mounts straight. you want the axle links to be plum. then mark your holes on the frame rail. dont use a jack under the car body as you want the car to sit normal on the suspension, if you must get it up a little use stands under the axle. To make it easy use a clamp on the frame brackets to hold it up and then you can get it level and straight.
If you have a real good sway bar then it will have adjustable links on the axle side to adjust the feel you want.