rear window defroster

tojuto

Oct 10, 2021
Greenfield Wi
I have a 1994 Mustang GT convertible , here's my problem the wire that powers the heating grid has broken away from the rear window what kind of adhesive should I use to reattach it? Does it have to be di-electric so the power can reach the grid?

• Sponsors (?)

There is a kit you can buy that readhears the window.

I think that kit is the metallic, conducting fingernail polish like paint to repair scratches in the grid and from tint removal damage.
I’m not sure what to use to reattach the tab to the window. Soldering on glass seems gutsy (thermal shock), and I do not know of a electrically conductive epoxy.
Maybe JB weld would conduct electricity? You might need to call glass places.

I think that kit is the metallic, conducting fingernail polish like paint to repair scratches in the grid and from tint removal damage.
I’m not sure what to use to reattach the tab to the window. Soldering on glass seems gutsy (thermal shock), and I do not know of a electrically conductive epoxy.
Maybe JB weld would conduct electricity? You might need to call glass places.
The kit has a tube of something that you use to reattach the tab that fell off as well as the lines. There is also a separate defrost specific adhesive that is sold as well.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Cool! I have not seen the conductive tag adhesive in person yet. Sometimes the rear view mirror adhesive and mount kits are hard to find locally, so this will be helpful.