rearend swap

dangdatstang

Oct 13, 2005
i was wondering if a 88gt 8.8 rearend will fit in a 95 v6 the 95 has 7.5 rearend with disc brakes on it. the 88 has drum so would i be able to bolt the disc to the 8.8 rear?? oh one more thing do the 7.5 axles fit in the 8.8?

thanks hope someone can help me out.

• Sponsors (?)

It'll physically bolt in no problem, but the Fox rear axle housings were a little more narrow than the SN95's. As for the axles... not sure. I'd hunt around for a rear end out of an SN, so I could do it right, all at once.

i am about to do the same, does anyone know if there is a way to put sn axles and still make the calipers work? bracket modification or anything simple? i think the fox axles would be way to short.

The Fox3 & Fox4 cars use the exact same axle housing. It's the axles that are narrower on the Fox3. 79-93 axle housings can bolt under a 94-98 and vice versa.

Therefore, you can use the housing but I am not sure about the spline count/diameter of the 7.5" rear end and if it's compatible with the 8.8 housing/carrier.

well i know the 8.8 has 28-spline axles. From what i have seen on some sites so do the 7.5 axles.

plus i found this on a site 7.5" or 8.8" Axles. High Strength 3.5" Diameter, 0.114" Wall so they seem to be the same as for the Brakes i still havnt found anything on it as in if the disc will bolt up to the 8.8 rear so if anyone knows about that plz let me know thanks.