Rebuilt 4.6L sohc (heads/cam/crank/connecting rod etc)

How long should I break this engine in? Its setup for high boost. It has about 250 miles on it now still has original oil we put in from rebuilt? Any suggestions on when i should change the oil and how hard I can go on the car? It has S/C pushing around 4-6 lbs just for break in peroid.....btw this is not by any means your stock 4.6 from factory so please dont give me what the manual says :) Thanks guys

I would appreciate your suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

I THINK YOU WERE ALREADY SUPPOSE TO change the oil. anyway, i would change it now then run the car to 500 miles before dyno tuning it to its full potential.

You've got 250-miles on it now??? It's broke in enough, put her on the rollers and let her fly. The rings are well seated by now. I do agree with changing the oil though. First and second changes should be at fairly low mileage.

Specs

4.6 2v Stage 2 Heads Machined by local shop 46cc / 1.782intake - 1.452exhaust valves / Comp Cams .545-inch lift 234/238 degrees duration at .050-inch lift umm I have reciepts for new pistons/connecting rods / crank but im not sure what they are I just let the machine shop pick the best. O yeah 4.10 + posi track + eibach spring / blocked off o2 sensors / blocked off MAF + 65mm twin throttle body. Ill find out cause i will probably need them sooner or later. Last but not least Vortech v2 6lbs boost(just 6 for break in) + methanol injection kit also. :) already she feels like its a 350 - 400 horse pony. I haven't really gotten on her yet. Just taken it up to 4 grand and its insane. Its got about 300 miles on it .. Changed the Oil out for some royal purpel yesterday. The prevous only had some grinds in it but nothing to bad(original first start oil). I'd like to take her another 200 miles before I put her on dyno and see what she can do. Also shes running very rich right now(and still runs insane). Id like to up the boost to 10 - 12 lbs. but im not so sure about doing this as i believe the compression is now 10.5:1........

Thanks for suggestions guys.