Recommend me a camshaft

• Sponsors (?)

OK, then how much can you change a cam's profile in those 20 years ? :D You've only got a circle of lobe base with maybe 1/4-1/2 of that to work with. The Alphabet cams may be that old but they still work. And how do you know the ProStocks aren't using the same cams? You build em?And I'm 100% positive the gains made in ProStock racing wasn't only due to the cam grinds. :rolleyes: E7 heads weren't the only heads around twenty years ago either.

The equipment used to test and design cam profiles is a lot better now than it was 20 years ago. They have software that can model airflow a lot more accurately.

I'm not talking about custom cam grinders, I'm talking about new cam profiles in general.

My point was that I'll bet none of you are cam experts. Some one who makes a living designing cams for Ford engines. He is and I would trust his expertise over my own, and I have 35 years of racing fords. I have ran Crane, Crower & ford cams along with a host of lesser name cam grinders. You are correct in that there is no way to know for sure unless you have unlimited access to a dyno. All I know was that he gave me exactly what I needed after a short interview.