Electrical recycled wiring harness...

champipple

Aug 27, 2017
All, at a strange juncture with my rewire. have motor/trans/harness from a 93 fox and I'm looking to thin the harness down to the bare essentials for the ECU and the fuse box but uncertain as to what I can/should keep. if you were to recycle that harness what would your harness look like? I don't need stereo, power seats windows, gauge cluster etc. this 5.0 will get gt4p heads and intake with 70MM TB. all info is helpful. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I’d just keep all the wiring, it doesn’t really add much weight or anything and you won’t ever see it anyways.

Why don’t you need a gauge cluster?

It’s kind of nice to have everything functional if you’re ever in the position to sell as well. I avoid cars with hacked up wiring harnesses like the plague.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply, I was on the fence but your suggestion makes sense, I just don't want to deal with all the extra wire. the gauge cluster will be completely different from stock but I could still use the wire into a new connector.

I will use the sensors that are absolutely necessary. I'd like to cut other stuff out from the interior harness as well. like power seats etc. I really need a sensor i.d. chart so I can compare shapes.

Personally I’d just keep all the wiring, it doesn’t really add much weight or anything and you won’t ever see it anyways.

Why don’t you need a gauge cluster?

It’s kind of nice to have everything functional if you’re ever in the position to sell as well. I avoid cars with hacked up wiring harnesses like the plague.
This is some of the best advice you can get. Take it and run with it.