remember Tom Cruise in Risky Business driving the Porsche home?

140cilx

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
GA
that's me w/ the LX now that it's on the road.

Story and recommended products.

So, I'm driving it last nite on a favorite hilly curvy nowheresville road, start opening it up and having some fun, top a hill and there's 2 dump trucks in the road, 11:30 at nite. So, I slammed on the brakes.

Side note, excellent combo is SVO caliper's, Maximum Motorsport 5oh slotted disc/Hawk pads/aluminum sleeves to replace the rubber caliper bushings/svo mastercylinder/braided lines/TC stuff on the back/wildwood adjustable prop valve on the rear line. Yank out drug induced original lines off MC and replace with simpler straight lines. It stopped FAST! Tested them and didn't even mean to yet. :nonono: It's all 4 lug stuff so relatively cheap.

Drivers seat is now stained. :D The trucks had on their hazard lights but no flagman or markers, lot of good it does on the approaching side of the hill. Can't imagine what was going on at 11:30 at nite.

Actually gonna tighten down the prop valve some as the rear tires slid a little to easy.

But I remember the stock LX 2.3 brakes. They sucked. Backs would never break loose - wonder if they even worked - fronts wouldn't slide either.

so I'm happy, posted because I wanted a work break.

When the svo is due brakes I'll put in the hawk pads and replace the rubber caliper bushings w/ aluminum sleeves. Should really help.

Logging miles!

140 :nice:

• Sponsors (?)