Remflex Passenger Side Manifold-to-Mid Pipe Gaskets

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Hey guys, I know a lot of us have issues with exhaust leaks at this particular connection with aftermarket pipes. I know some of us can get away with using the OE gasket and others just have bad luck with it. Seems to be a crap-shoot.

Anyway, after installing my Prochamber with an OE gasket (yes, I tried Mac's sorry excuse for a gasket too), the sunuvabitch leaks like hell. I decided to call Remflex and have a custom gasket with more crush area made. The customer service was great and the gasket should be here tomorrow. I'll definitely let you all know how it works.

I mentioned this tends to be a common problem in 96-04 GT's with aftermarket mid-pipes and asked if they could add it to their product listing. Well, they have.

View attachment 393023

Now, I dont know what they will charge. It cost me $25 bc it was a custom job, but now that they have it added to their listing it may* be less for you guys.

So if you do have problems with the OE gasket not cutting the mustard, give Remflex a call.

http://www.remflex.com/

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought another one from ford and it worked fine. It was like $8

Like I said, its a crap shoot. The OE gasket worked fine with my SLP and Bassani X-pipes but it didnt do **** with the prochamber.

Im just passing this along to help anyone thats tried the OE gasket and still had a leak.

Damn now you're scaring me...my prochamber is arriving on Tuesday.

Dont worry. Try the Mac gasket first, it may work for you. Im just throwing this out there as an alternative to the gaskets supplied by aftermarket companies and the OE gasket. Just trying to help the stang community out if I can :)