• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Interior and Upholstery Remote Mirror Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter candphall
  • Start date Start date Feb 15, 2016

candphall

Active Member
Jun 8, 2009
488
32
49
Orlando Florida
Feb 15, 2016
#1
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #1
i am down to the final steps of assembly of my 69 and I need help with the drivers side remote mirror. I have two mirrors with two different joy sticks. I purchased both of them years ago from two different people both claiming they were 69. But as you can see they are both different and I don't know which is correct. The first photo looks more correct but has no attaching hardware nor is it threaded to accept a bezel. The second photo is a tight fit and the bezel is to large in diameter to fit the door panel fixture. If someone has a picture of one installed I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,410
8,346
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Feb 15, 2016
#2
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #2
I believe the second one is the one you need, the straight one is for a Deluxe interior . I will have to look at my mirrors ,they are for the deluxe interior .
 

candphall

Active Member
Jun 8, 2009
488
32
49
Orlando Florida
Feb 15, 2016
#3
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #3
I have a delux interior.
 

candphall

Active Member
Jun 8, 2009
488
32
49
Orlando Florida
Feb 15, 2016
#4
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #4
In addition in the second picture. The joy stick and the bezel are positioned on the door panel of the picture only. The bezel is not mounted in position. If the top,is correct I must be missing parts.
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,410
8,346
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Feb 15, 2016
#5
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #5
Yep ,you are missing the threaded part .The bezel for the deluxe Mach 1 mirror is a rectangular bezel about 2 1/2 inches long by about 1 1/2 and the toggle comes in parallel with the door panel ,it is kind of a recessed cup .
 

candphall

Active Member
Jun 8, 2009
488
32
49
Orlando Florida
Feb 15, 2016
#6
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #6
I have the rectangular piece, but it is not threaded for a bezel. I believe the piece in picture one should have a threaded barrel for the bezel to attach to. Do you agree? And do you know if that piece is available?
 

candphall

Active Member
Jun 8, 2009
488
32
49
Orlando Florida
Feb 15, 2016
#7
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #7

I need the threaded barrel shown in this picture. Any chance you have one?
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,410
8,346
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Feb 15, 2016
#8
  • Feb 15, 2016
  • #8
candphall said:
I have the rectangular piece, but it is not threaded for a bezel. I believe the piece in picture one should have a threaded barrel for the bezel to attach to. Do you agree? And do you know if that piece is available?
Click to expand...
It isn't threaded ,the barrel slips through the bezel and a nut threads on to the barrel .There may be a washer that goes on the back side of the bezel as well ,been a while since i took my mirror off. The barrel is not supposed to come off ,i don't have any extras . I have a Torino mirror here somewhere if i can find it but it may be the angled toggle ,i will look tomorrow .
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,410
8,346
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Feb 16, 2016
#9
  • Feb 16, 2016
  • #9
I couldn't find the Torino mirror but i think it would have been the angled toggle any way .
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
373
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
220
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
433
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
233
Other Auto Tech May 31, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?