Remote Start - How Does it Work?

GusinCA

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2002
Newport Beach
I got remote start on my car (I don't know why, I went check-happy on the options sheet) but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it will come in handy when I move to Siberia.

Anyone know how this works? It says to hold the lock button down, but it doesn't do anything.

• Sponsors (?)

dont know if this is the same setup, but my grand prix has it, and you lock the door first. then hold down another button that has an arrow in a half circle. that will start the car. Or you could read your owner's manual:nice:

my brothers girl friend had a remote start installed from the dealer, and to acitvate the remote(to start the engine) there is a seperate key fob. maybe its possible they didnt give you the other key fob?

It will come in handy on those really hot days when the top is left up. The AC will cool it right down. However, I could see it getting alot more use in an area that has all four seasons.

Ford does not have an OEM remote start system. The one you get at the Ford dealership is an aftermarket and always will be. The one listed in the brochure/accessory catalog is an aftermarket that is branded "FORD" but made by CodeAlarm. The default setting is to hold the LOCK and REMOTE START buttons simultaneously. The Remote Start button is a blue button with a key icon:

codealarmfobbk7.th.jpg

Attachments

• codealarmfobbk7.th.jpg
    codealarmfobbk7.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47