remote start

• Sponsors (?)

Done a few over 400 in the past 10 years. They are all basically the same. If you can follow polarity and a wiring diagram, have a VOM, and know where to find and how to test the wiring in your car, its not too difficult. Just time comsuming.

In reality,

You will have
starter, ignition, accessory, 12V, ground, brake wire, hood pin switch, tach wire, for the remote start side, maybe a few more. Its still early, and whatever else you want for the alarm/nonalarm side, such as power locks, trunk pop, flashing parking lights(also rmt start), domelight supervision, siren or horn activation, if its an alarm, door trigger, shock sensor, instat trip, trunk switch.

You get the point. I would read through the install guide first, if it makes sense, then you should be okay. 94-98 stangs are pretty straight foward. No major alarms to bypass, or security modules. 99-up, different story.

LoudToy958 said:
Done a few over 400 in the past 10 years. They are all basically the same. If you can follow polarity and a wiring diagram, have a VOM, and know where to find and how to test the wiring in your car, its not too difficult. Just time comsuming.

In reality,

You will have
starter, ignition, accessory, 12V, ground, brake wire, hood pin switch, tach wire, for the remote start side, maybe a few more. Its still early, and whatever else you want for the alarm/nonalarm side, such as power locks, trunk pop, flashing parking lights(also rmt start), domelight supervision, siren or horn activation, if its an alarm, door trigger, shock sensor, instat trip, trunk switch.

You get the point. I would read through the install guide first, if it makes sense, then you should be okay. 94-98 stangs are pretty straight foward. No major alarms to bypass, or security modules. 99-up, different story.
99+ is a pain in the butt :mad:

Yea mine was really easy. It was my first real wiring job. Mine was on a stick too...although i have taken it back off due to safety reasons. But now, with the new tranny and other things ihave learned, im gonna put one back on...it will be 100% safe to use.

You can search online for the wiriing diagrams to get the colors of the wires u have to tap into. Probably take ya a couple hours in the afternoon to get it done. :nice: