Removing Door Glass?

I don't know why I'm having such grief with this, I have all the nuts and bolts off and the scissor lift out of the channel but I can't pull either the vent window unit or the door glass out. :mad:

Any suggestions would be welcome, I've done this before and don't recall having a problem but this one is making me nuts.

• Sponsors (?)

I always remove the vent window first, then the window comes out easily. You do need to remove the little rubber flap at the upper rear of the door and pull it back at the same time you pull upwards. I also strongly recommend pulling the seals and fuzzys off the upper door opening, I don't think it'll come out otherwise.

I just installed glass - the trick is removing the side window seal above the door latch, on the door's side. Pull the glass up at an a bit of an angle, lifting the lower metal housing out of the larger hole created by removing the seal - you end up lifting the window up and back... Hope that helps.

You need to remove the Vent window first. Take out the bolts that adjust the angle of the Vent window. The two that have nuts on them from the outside and an allen socket for adjustment purposes. If you do not remove them the Vent window will not come out. Once the Vent window is out of the way and the fuzzies are removed and the Door to Window seal above the latch is removed, the window will lift out of the door once you silde it off of the regulator. Get new fuzzies because you will probably destroy the old ones when you remove them. After the door is gutted, take a pair of pliars and flatten/straighten out the holes that the fuzzies attach to. All of this can be done with the regulator still bolted to the door. When you reassemble the door, remove the rubber stop at the bottom of the door, this will allow you to roll the window down further making it much easier to re install the fuzzies. Then you just roll the window all the way up and reinstall the Stop. You will need to get new stops if the old ones break.

Well I got it all apart, removing the allen head bolts seemed to help. Having said that, I'm not at all impressed with the design, the vent window width is the exact same size as the opening you pull it out of or bigger, what's wrong with a 1/16 or 1/8" to play with :mad:

Thanks for the advice :nice: