removing marker from windshield?

• Sponsors (?)

that stuff can be hard to get off if you let it sit for a few days.. this is why I wash it off the minute I get out of the track now.. Plus you look like a tool driving around with the numbers.

Try using razor blades and lots of glass cleaner, thats what I had to do after the car sat a week with them on.

Did the track use it? Or was it something you borrowed from a friend? If its shoe polish thats a big no-no...

The stuff I use comes right off the window, the only trouble spots are any black plastic, wich is fixed with a lil' Back to Black.

Try some rubing alchohol.

try some seafoam it seems to work for everything.lol

what i use is invisible glass this stuff is great. Spray it on teh spot let it sit for maybe 30 seconds and it should get it off. Heck it even takes stains out of carpets i found that one out when i was detailing someones car it took a coffee stain out i just said what the hell and sprayed it on and let it sit for a lil bit and then rubbed hard for a min and it came right up.

svttech76 said:
Plus you look like a tool driving around with the numbers.

+1

I wiped mine off with my shirt sleeve the night of so I didn't let it cake on.

Use isopropyl alcohol, razor blades, Goo Gone, Windex, etc.

After that it wouldn't hurt to coat your entire windshield and windows with RainX I love that stuff water just sheds right off no problems.

DropTopPony said:
your numbers must not of been good or you'd be leaving them on :)

We get paper print outs at the track... :shrug:

The painted on numbers are your entry number and class.

You mean they mark your times all over your car for test and tune? :shrug:

I recently used a product called "Diamondite Spray Clay" on all of the windows of my '00 Sable wagon to remove acid rain spots that were driving me nuts. I found it on the net when I googled "Auto window cleaners" (or something like that).
It comes in a aerosol can and comes out like shaving cream. You apply it to a scrubber sponge that came with it and then rub it on the glass in a circular motion using slight pressure. It worked great and the windows looked like new.
The clay doesn't remove the actual spots because they are etched into the glass. But, it does remove the dirt trapped into the etched area so that you can't see the spots. Then you are supposed to coat it with a protective coating that they offer to seal the spots to keep dirt out of the etched area.
I'm sure this product would remove your marks because it is also supposed to remove paint overspray.
The name on the can is "Diamondite, New Orleans, LA". The phone number is 1-800-426-1380.

Don