Repeat Question....Need Help With a Computer Program.

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Hey, I post this before and didnt get any good replies, and I lost the thread.

Im looking for either shareware or ones you have to pay for that allow you to convert vid files to/from different formats avi-->mpeg-->mov-->rm-->wmv you get the idea.

Also to convert audio types...wav-mp3-midi-mp4, etc.

ANyone have or know?

Also, since IM on the computer subjects, any free shareware for photoshopping?

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

On the video converter, I don't know if you are gonna find a good shareware/freeware option. Try searching on C/net (www.cnet.com) or zdnet. But I am ALWAYS very skeptical when downloading software of any kind. They are generally loaded with at least a bunch of spyware crap, if not more malicious stuff. And it's almost always a pain in the butt to get all that tag along stuff removed.

A good commercial alternative is Adobe Premier Elements. It's not too expensive (as video editors go).

On audio, you may have more luck. Winamp used to be a pretty respected one, but I haven't looked into that stuff in a long time.

On a free photoshop style program, you might want to check out Picasa from Google. It's free, and I have heard it's quite good (also organizes your pictures). I haven't tried it though. I am pretty happy with Adobe Photoshop Elements. I got the Elements version of Photoshop and Premier in a set for a pretty decent price.

Just went and downloaded the AVS Converter. You can use it for free, but it puts the logo watermark on all its vids until you buy it...seems not too bad, so I may fork over the $30 for it. It lets you capture live video/tv off your tuner card. If you put on a VCR or Camcorder, you can save directly from that too.!!

RC