Questions about swap. (headers/engine bay)(RC your help is needed)

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Ok here is the deal after all this time im back to my mustang... i passed PCHEM!!!! now im on break im trying to finish up the stang and get it on the road. The side panels are welded in to place. Full welds for the most part on all sides. all have been ground down now i was wondering if i should use seam sealer on all the corners or just where the panels hit the strut tower areas ill try to get pics soon... but its basically 22g metal from the fender down covering the area where the battery tray laid and in the same place on the other side. Also, i do have to bondo a few dents in the metal. is it best to use the least amount possible. i bought 3 different colors of filler primer for the prep.(RC how did your prep go links would be great)

The other problem im running in to is with my TFS/KPI street heat heads they are the old school Twisted wedges. BUT they have the 3/4 raised "highports" now i need to find headers that fit... ive been busting my ass working banquets at my new job and made $1000 in the last 6 days so i kinda wanna get long tubes.... for added bling. under $400 would be nice. what have you guys been using for your highports. Also will foxes fit if i get a bung welded in for EGR. i still need egr to pass inspection in NJ.

Here is info i got from trick flow on the heads. seem like a piece of history:

Adam,
The heads you have had a 186cc intake port, they could be either 1.94" or 2.02" intake valve, 1.60" exhaust valve, 20* valve angle, exhaust port raised 3/4"...

I no longer have any of the flow data from the first run (TFS/KPI) highports, sorry...

The heads you have were cast in 87-88, the first run of heads were a sand casting (green sand). When Will-Burt came into the picture the heads were converted over to a permanent mold. While the TFS/KPI & the later TFS/Will-Burt heads are pretty much identical, the KPI heads actually had the better exhaust port shape.

These might be a little big for my little 306 build but after everything worked out with being scammed way back when i got that engine for $600 sold the block for $200 and the cam for $100.... So the heads cost me $300 and i got them completely rebuilt for $300 more. so for $600 i hope these get the job done.

• Sponsors (?)