Replace Convertable top?

Has anyone ever personally done a top?

Or is there a place in PA NJ DEL or MD to get a top install for a good price.

Im looking to go with a Tan CLOTH top with a glass window with out a defroster.

I have gotten prices from 1600 to 2200 for top and install.

Id like to try it but....

• Sponsors (?)

these guys in laurel maryland, paymer and phillips, 301/953-0300, quoted $1150 for a top and install on my fairlane. that was the best price I have gotten so far.

this guy, butch, also in laurel, told me he has a mustang top already (i don't know what color) and wanted to install it on my stang when it was there for the seats. i didn't get a price from him for it though because i didn't want the top done. his number is 301-538-8872. if you call him, tell him chris curl gave you his number.

I changed my top myself. I consider myself very handy and have a very good set of tools BUT let me tell you that was a pretty difficult job. It looks easy but theres a lot of stretching and then after a day or 2 you might have to re stretch and make adjustments on all of the windows. My advice pay somebody that has experience doing this. If you have any problems with it later let them handle it.

I did it myself and would never do it again. Here's a couple shops just north of Philly

Willow Grove Auto Top - Willow Grove, PA (my old neighbor used to own this place, did a lot of work on high end vehicles)

WNJ Automobile Upholstery - Hatboro, PA ( they quoted me $900 a couple years ago)