Replacement Alternator cable and connector pigtail?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah. I found them. It took me forever searching through websites. I can't believe they were that hard to find given how many vehicles Ford uses the same pigtail for. Which pigtail do you need? I had to order each pigtail from a seperate online company. I have a spare 3 wire one, since the first company had a $5 minimum and they were $2.99/each.

Here is the 3 wire one I found through Sherco Auto Marine Supply. I know it says 81-94, but it's the same on the 95 Mustang. They have a $5 minimum, and they also have the ignition coil pigtail. That would be a good item to get in order to get your bill over $5

Voltage Regulator Pigtail For Ford Vehicles 81-94: Sherco Auto Supply

I found the field current pigtail through a company called Quality Distributing.

Pico 5747PT 1994-On Ford Alternator Regulator - A/C Clutch Field Single Lead Wiring Pigtail

I can't find a replacement cable. I would try and fix up your old one if you can. It looks like about a 6 gauge cable with a round end. The other end has 2 fusable links. Not sure how important the fusable links are, or if you can substitute something else there. You're probably going to have to make your own.

Kurt

LRS sells them too.

The fusible links on the charge cable are important. Don't use a charge cable without protection.

You could use an ANL fuseholder/fuse instead. The rating you choose would depend upon your cable-gauge selection (dependent upon your alternator output).

I'll send you a PM with info on a replacement cable option.

Damn you guys are awesome as usual! Hissin that is great info to have that you PMed me and for sure plan on keeping that saved. But I just need a new output cable and pigtails for my little brothers stang, which is my old teal stang. I noticed the cable was corroding and turning green, and the connectors where like all dry rotted and stuff lol and it had a slow crank and wasnt charging very well so. So I wanted to help him out and pick this stuff up for him that way the next time I take a trip up to visit them Ill hook him up.