Replacement headlight socket that works/fits??

saleensal

Founding Member
Oct 7, 2002
ca
I bought one from auto zone that fit starge and was to big for the ring to go over. here is the same one from 5oresto:

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=1101

Its not the same size as the original. The blue parts too big. Any ideas where to get a new one? junk yard? Also the black wire is the one that cooked the old harness, is there anything else I should check? I have aftermarket bulbs that are extra bright. Maybe this caused it? But they have been on for 2 years with no problems. Thx

• Sponsors (?)

saleensal said:
I have aftermarket bulbs that are extra bright. Maybe this caused it? But they have been on for 2 years with no problems. Thx

Uh, yeah, thats probably a big contributor right there. The wiring was probably getting hot and little by little the insulation was breaking down until the wires shorted and burned up. I dont know what to say other than try to return the autozone plug and order the right one or just make sure az didnt give you the wrong one.

THX, i did and thats the only replacement they make, definitly not made right. I promise if anyone else goes to buy one it will not fit right. Sure the light may come on but it will not lock into the back of the light. The ring wont go over the blue part. junkyard seems like the only option. thx anyway. Goddam ford replacement $#@%&**!!