Replacing badges??

X-L-R-8

New Member
Dec 28, 2004
11
0
0
Hey guys........I was wondering how hard it would be to change the fender badges on my '02 GT. You know, on the the front quarter panel behind the front wheel where it says GT, I was going to replace that with a red. 4.6L badge that's shaped like the old 5.0 badges. But how do you remove the old badge and what's the best way to apply the new badge? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
 
Get a blow dryer and heat it first. Then take a piece of fishing line or something like that, and cut it right off. Use some Goo-Gone or something like that to get rid of the old adhesive. Then just apply the new emblem with some new adhesive. Presto.
 
zincyellow03 said:
Don't the side fenders have a hole on them? So, wouldn't that mean that they're attached to it?
My '95's badges had centering holes, but luckily my 302 badges covered them right up. You can use the hole to center the new badge if it covers it. Don't cringe, but when I took them off I let the car sit in the Texas sun all day, then I took my Robogrip pliers careful not to touch the car with them, grabbed the badge and pulled the GT badges straight off. I applied the 302 badges and did a quick wax with a cleaner and polish where the are wasn't covered by the new badge.
Tim
 
18mustangs said:
My '95's badges had centering holes, but luckily my 302 badges covered them right up. You can use the hole to center the new badge if it covers it. Don't cringe, but when I took them off I let the car sit in the Texas sun all day, then I took my Robogrip pliers careful not to touch the car with them, grabbed the badge and pulled the GT badges straight off. I applied the 302 badges and did a quick wax with a cleaner and polish where the are wasn't covered by the new badge.
Tim

Centering holes... :bang: I don't like to have unnecessary holes in my stang but atleast it's covered up.
 
Yep, my 97 has em, but I put the 4.6 that looks identical to the 5.0, and covered the holes with part of the 4. I am replacing those soon with the factory pony style.