Replacing front bumper and fender

1sickstang

Dec 9, 2006
This morning on my way to work i hit some ice which threw me into an embankment i talked to a local body shop and ordered a new front bumper and passanger side fender. Looking into to doing this myself to save some money was wondering how hard this will be to do and how exactly do you take off the bumper and fender. It's a 2002 GT Thanks for all the help.

• Sponsors (?)

The taking off and putting on of the bumper and fender is not whats going to cost the most. What usually costs the most is all the paint work, preping, sanding, finish, etc.

You might be looking at around 4 hours to remove and install bumper and fender by a professional. My shop charges $40/hr so that $160 for that perfect fit is worth it in my opinion.

Who is painting the parts? This is where you will pay the most. I guess you can just have the shop paint to match your car, but you won't have the blending that they do if they paint the parts while on the car.

I forget if you need to remove the hood to remove the pass fender, that might be a PITA on its own by yourself.

Best of luck to ya.

~K