Replacing Front control arms/Brake conversion

Topdowncruise

Apr 7, 2005
Canada
I am replacing my lower front control arms for the ford racing arms which are supposedly made to improved '96 specs.I did the 5 lug disc brake conversion using '94 spindles etc.There are two versions of the Ford racing arms;pre '94 and '94 up.Due to the brake upgrade work I had done,which one will work on my '89?I am thinking the pre 94 arms even though the longer ball joints from the '94 up would probably work so I could get rid of the .3" spacer.

• Sponsors (?)

They sell 94-98 control arms as an "update" for the Fox cars. They say the ball joints and bushings are better. But I would stick with the stock FOX A-arms myself. I just did the 5 lug conversion with the 94-95 spindles and 99--04 PBR's. I used two 5/8" hardended steel washers on each side. The car actually needs three on each side as the but was still below the cotter pin hole. I bought the washers from Lowes Home Improvment for like 2 or 3 dollars. This is a great swap you will love it. I turned my tie rod ends out about 16 or 17 times per side. The wheels were straight enough to drive to the alignment shop. The wheels were still toed in, so they adjusted them out even more. Every car is different, but make sure you get an alignment. I'm sure you already know that though!! :nice:

The Ford Racing Lower A Arms for the Fox are ALSO an Upgrade, they do include newer style Ball Joints, but just Fox Sized and there are new bushings too, they are a great investment!