Reputable speed shop in East TX?

BocephusGT

Jun 21, 2011
Just got an SCT and was wondering where everyone gets their tuning done in east TX and west LA.

With my diesels I use Innovative and just tell them all my mods and they write the tune and email it to me.I know the best way is with a dyno and AF meter and all that jazz.Or who is THE mustang tuner to use?Anyone everybody likes?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

What are your mods on the car? If it isn't anything major I think an email tune can get you real close to where you need to be.

I know that my email tunes have been RIGHT ON as far as a/f goes. I can get you in contact with a good email tuner if you follow my sig ;)

What are your mods on the car? If it isn't anything major I think an email tune can get you real close to where you need to be.

I know that my email tunes have been RIGHT ON as far as a/f goes. I can get you in contact with a good email tuner if you follow my sig ;)

Its a 2000GT with an 03 engine.It has shorty headers,H-pipe,dual 40's,BBK TB and intake,pulleys,3:73's,and a short throw shifter.Just bolt ons.

Thanks for the link I may hit them up.:nice:

I'm in Tyler and would also like to know. I saw a dyno shop on 155 the other day. Not sure how reputable they are though.
You will be fine with an email order from any of the known shops such as bamatunes/americanmuscle, torq, blow by racing, vmp, evolution, etc
if you are running basic mods. The 2011+ cars have factory widebands so you can datalog for the company and they can revise if needed.

Its a 2000GT with an 03 engine.It has shorty headers,H-pipe,dual 40's,BBK TB and intake,pulleys,3:73's,and a short throw shifter.Just bolt ons.

Thanks for the link I may hit them up.:nice:
Those are pretty basic bolt ons and you should also be fine getting an email tune for now. I suggest that you get the tune and then head to the dyno to make some pulls so you can monitor the a/f to make sure it is in an acceptable range. You'll notice a nice gain from a 93 octane tune that is specific for your mods.

I've been tuning standalones(tec3, Motec, Autronic, etc.) for awhile, came from a Supra background. So I'm not worried about finding a speed shop for tuning. More of a place with a lift for future mods, knowledge of a mustang, connections to local events and culture, and a dyno for me to play on every now and again.