retrofit hyd/roller lifter in 351w ????

• Sponsors (?)

The pressure from the pushrods/rockers holds them in place. They have vertical link bars that keep them from twisting on the bores. I used the Crane lifters in mine, they work great!

Anthony

I know why you asked the question because you are used to seeing the spider holding the dog bones between 2 lifters in the 302's. That spider is holding the dog bones not the lifters down. Since on a retro fit kit the 2 lifters are held together with a piece of metal that attaches to the two lifters there is no need for the spider. The spider does not hold the lifters in though its the pushrods and the fact there is little to no play in the valve train that makes the lifter sit on the cam and not come out.

blownLX5oh - I got mine from summit racing, i beleive they were about $480+shipping, really expensive. Just make sure when you install them that you face the high side of the lifter towards the center of the lifter valley.

Anthony

i'm getting a 94 351w from a full size work van. might be a roller already, i got my fingers crossed. people on stangnet have said 94-newer are roller motors but somebody i called at a dealership said vans are not.
this has been a two year process of 302 vs. 351. its really hard now because my 302 shortblock is ready for the machine shop now. i'm gonna go for it, good things come to those who wait.

86bluecobra-you are exactly right. thanks it made no sense to me. i'm not learning the hard way, just the slow way. i just learned about the balancer removal tool, it was news to me!

i'm getting a 94 351w from a full size work van. might be a roller already, i got my fingers crossed. people on stangnet have said 94-newer are roller motors but somebody i called at a dealership said vans are not.
this has been a two year process of 302 vs. 351. its really hard now because my 302 shortblock is ready for the machine shop now. i'm gonna go for it, good things come to those who wait.

86bluecobra-you are exactly right. thanks it made no sense to me. i'm not learning the hard way, just the slow way. i just learned about the balancer removal tool, it was news to me!

It will be real easy to tell if it is roller motor.
It will s/n that starts with F4
and will have holes in the valley to screw down the holddown spider.
I even re-used my spider and dog bones from my original 302

I paid a little extra for my roller cam motor.
Its one of the 6 up / half dozen down things
pay a little more for the roller block or more for the conversion lifters