Rev limiter at 6000rpm's help!!!

SWTMUSTANGMAN

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2002
Austin, Texas
My car has been having difficulty. First the damn thing ran a 15.00 e.t. The problem was the damn IMRC's which are now deleted. At the same time, power is back although it is still hitting the rev limiter at 6g's. One other thing, I changed the spark plugs, and the 3rd cylinder had oil around the spark plug. Don't notice any misfiring so, should i be worried? Also what to do about the rev limiter. I was thinking of purchasing a Tweecer, and tune it myself....the car is running hideously rich :( . Please help with suggestions. Thanks

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

SWTMUSTANGMAN said:
My car has been having difficulty. First the damn thing ran a 15.00 e.t. The problem was the damn IMRC's which are now deleted. At the same time, power is back although it is still hitting the rev limiter at 6g's. One other thing, I changed the spark plugs, and the 3rd cylinder had oil around the spark plug. Don't notice any misfiring so, should i be worried? Also what to do about the rev limiter. I was thinking of purchasing a Tweecer, and tune it myself....the car is running hideously rich :( . Please help with suggestions. Thanks

Matt

How the h#ll can it be hitting the rev limiter at 6000 when its set for 7000?????? SOmething else may be going on, but its not the rev liniter

peace

COBRA_Miami_OH said:
i have the same problem and as soon as you hit the 6000 rpm its cuts out, just like it would with the rev limiter, i think that it is the rev limiter but i do not no what to do about it

Cutting out and hitting the rev limiter are 2 entirely different things. You are experiencing ignition problems . You could be getting blowout, have a failed coil(s), plugs, wires, etc. Best ignition system for our Cobras is the stock system, even on high hp blown app's , with the exception of the stock wires.

The rev limiter is set through the EEC so that cant be touched unless you're editing it through a chip, or reflash

peace

COBRA_Miami_OH said:
i just replaced the spark plugs and wires and this did not change anything, what would you do as your next step, replace the coils?
Id run a scan on it and see if there's a misfire code in there. COuldnt hurt to change out your coils. What are your plugs gapped at? Also, what are your mods?

peace