reverse light switch

WhiteFizzo

Founding Member
May 17, 2000
Virginia Beach Va
First, let me say that I have searched on this topic.

I am preparing for the t-5 swap. Will it harm the reverse light sensor on the side of the t-5 if I solder wires onto the two posts? I havent been able to find a reverse light harness, or t-5 harness that didnt go for about $50 on ebay, so if it wont hurt the sensor then I plan to just solder 2 wires onto the 2 posts and then put some quick connects on the ends. Then I can clip the aod plug, connect the 2 neutral safety switch wires and then hook the reverse light wires up to the wires I have soldered onto the reverse light sensor. That should do it, right?

Also, what gauge wire should I be working with?

• Sponsors (?)

Try some nuts and ring terminals on the switch. The studs have threads on them if I remember correctly. Use 18 gauge wire with good high temp insulation. The exhaust system makes lots of heat, so the wiring needs to be able to withstand it.

If you take a little time while the transmission is on the bench you can hook that switch up much better. You can use 2 crimp on connectors that slip over the threaded studs and just use a couple small nuts. You just need to use a couple washers placed in the right spots so the 2 terminals dont touch. Trust me, it works, and its a solid fix.