Reviews of RCI Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberdemon

Mar 12, 2020
Maryland
So I wanted to allow everyone who has bought headers from RCI to post their assessment of their headers. We should include positive and negative opinions because I hope this thread will give honest assessments of their quality of work, return policy, shipping, refund policy, and any reaction from RCI when you might have contacted them with the issue.
RCI is more than welcome to post responses here as well. This is to provide honest assessments of Their products.
Provide photos of any quality complaints or self corrected fitment modifications.

Here are photos of the headers I ordered for my 1970 mustang, 351 stroker with 225 twisted wedge high port heads and the Heidts mustang 2 IFS front suspension kit.
B9B0D8B6-9C64-4B0A-8FE7-36BEF014A41C.jpeg

376E5049-97CF-4903-AF1C-EE0917D2558B.jpeg

In both of these photos it is visually apparent that the collector for the passenger side header has been welded at to severe of an angle toward the center of the car. When mounted the collector points toward the center of the mustang.
9431A24D-147E-4552-A698-891E9B7B4418.jpeg

In this photo you can see that the header flange is prevented from mounting to the head because tube 3 is hitting the frame. This is about 4” behind where the Heidts mustang 2 IFS has been welded to the frame. You can see that the motor mount has been moved from being in the way of the header. Also notice that this is without having any form of header gasket even installed yet. The front of the header is still approximately 1/2” to 3/4”from the mounting surface on the head.

It should be noted that we tried to test these headers on a bone stock 1969 mustang with a 351W and they also hit the frame rails. This car is in the process of being restored to original. So these headers will not fit on a 1969 mustang that is in OEM condition.

Headers cost - $659
Shipping - $129.89
To be able to return these headers for a refund, George from RCI informed me that I would be responsible for return shipping and that I would only be refunded the cost of the headers themselves. It does not matter that these headers hit the frame or that the collector is welded on at the wrong angle. It’s not the fault of RCI, it’s my fault or my cars fault.
Total shipping $259.78
Now if I paid for the shipping both ways then I would only get back a refund of $529.11. That’s a pretty sweet deal for RCI. Not to much for the consumer. I don't know of another company that’s still in business that penalizes a consumer because their products were not made properly.

That is my experience with RCI Headers. I would like to hear other experiences.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Well, I have been in this site for a short time and have found that people don’t like anyone who does not “toe the line”. It’s perfectly acceptable for George to continue to push matters even when I was done with it. I did lose my temper with him over it but I am only human. Once again, 18 years in the Army with a few combat deployments has caused me to have a small temper Issue. I also have issues with veiled threats. As far as I am Concerned if people want to buy anything that joker sells it’s on you. Every place he has worked he has never taken responsibility for anything that was incorrect. On other sites you can look up the threads. He goes on the attack as soon as anyone says anything. Just gotta look up his name and you will find the threads. You will also see the same people trying to protect him.

With all of this being said, I am Going to do the same thing as a good friend of mine did a few years ago on this site. I am Going to quit posting anything here. I will Post the progress on my current and future builds on the Corral. Unless that also becomes like here. For anyone who has messaged me about all of this you can find me there. For those of you who have a problem with me, I am always up to talk face to face. After this whole “end of days” :poo: is done though.
Good luck on everyone’s builds!!!!

Fair enough, Saberdemon has had his say. We built the headers that this gentlemen ordered. RCI Headers are built in a steel fixture, so they can be duplicated as people order them. There is nothing unique or different about the headers we sent him, and they were exact duplicates of headers we have sent to hundreds of other Mustang enthusiasts with the same year Mustangs. Somehow, other people say they fit fine in their cars. Saberdemon says they don't fit in his car. Either there is something different abut his car, or the engine is not in the OEM location. I don't know which and neither does he. We built and sent the headers out in good faith. If he had not been such a dick about it, I would have refunded his money, but he refused to return them. At this point, I'm fine with him dealing with some other company, and good luck to him...

PS: I'm also an ex-US Army veteran, Sgt E-5, but I'm an adult. I don't lose my temper like a spoiled child...

Nothing like getting a message that some jackass decided to once again try to start crap on something that is in the past. Dude, just leave well enough alone. It’s over. I have a quality set of header made by someone who knows what they are doing that actually fit properly. Your rank was and is irrelevant.
Try to follow along with this last sentence. If you have to attack me after all this time it pretty much proves that your headers and business suck. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.