Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

Over the last few days I decided to go back to the beginning of this thread and see the progression again. I had completely forgotten about the first engine you used in something else, your plan to paint it black, the different hood, the 5 speed, the 255 lph fuel pump (LOL), but the funniest was when you said this car will never be in a car show.

Having had a " ground up resto" car, your car reminds me of a story..

Person with a frame off C2 Corvette, was caught in a rainstorm on a club cruise one day.....
He is still in Therapy.... LOL...

That thing is WAY too pretty to drive........

Over the last few days I decided to go back to the beginning of this thread and see the progression again. I had completely forgotten about the first engine you used in something else, your plan to paint it black, the different hood, the 5 speed, the 255 lph fuel pump (LOL), but the funniest was when you said this car will never be in a car show.
Lol! Well. You kno how things snow ball. But this car still isnt a show car. I’m just taking it to the grocery store maybe to the post office when I get it running.

Having had a " ground up resto" car, your car reminds me of a story..

Person with a frame off C2 Corvette, was caught in a rainstorm on a club cruise one day.....
He is still in Therapy.... LOL...

That thing is WAY too pretty to drive........
That would be
29433177-2CB9-46AE-BD29-EB39FF2746E8.jpeg

I feel it you do all that work yourself and you drive it in the rain,well big deal,you'll clean it up like it never happened.
You know every single inch of that car so enjoy the snot outta it.

Reactions: 1 user
You mention "snowball" and you know how much I want my seats to look like that... If I keep adding crap like that to the checklist we are going to add at least another year just to pay for it. :doh:
Im good with that. Id rather the car be everything you dreamed of then get done sooner and still have to do’s. You cant do worse than me. This one has taken me like
12 years

• Agree
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
What did you use to cut your power pipe hole? I am thinking of using one of those sheet metal nibbler attachments to slowly open it up, I want it to be a precise fit and not cut more than I need to. The provided instructions are pretty scarce.

I used a 4.5 inch hole saw. Then cleaned it up by hand with a metal block that smoothes out. If you try to cut it exact you will wish you hadnt. Its got to be slightly larger to allow the curve of the piping to slid thru. Otherwise the paint will chip and it will be a mess

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I used a 4.5 inch hole saw. Then cleaned it up by hand with a metal block that smoothes out. If you try to cut it exact you will wish you hadnt. Its got to be slightly larger to allow the curve of the piping to slid thru. Otherwise the paint will chip and it will be a mess
Any issues with the hole saw and the wiring harness in that area? I measured about .75” from the top of the fender and the strut tower to outline the hole and it seems to match up similar to yours.