Rockauto Now Offers Batteries!

RockAuto

Site Sponsor
Jul 28, 2014
RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

If you drive a 30+ year old car, waiting to replace the battery until it is eight years old and can barely spin the starter risks leaving you stranded. With a modern vehicle, a dying battery also may accelerate wear on an electrical/charging system that is already working overtime to cope with numerous computers, multiple fuel injectors per cylinder, entertainment systems, heated seats, electric power steering and/or other electronics. Do you really want that kind stranger to jump-start your computer-laden 2013 Dodge Durango with her trusty 1980 Ford Bronco? Replacing the battery should be routine preventative maintenance instead of exciting crisis management.

RockAuto now offers ACDelco, Deka, Exide and Motorcraft AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries! 4X4 enthusiasts and racing teams have long relied on AGM batteries to withstand extreme vibrations off-road and on the track. AGM batteries are now an affordable, dependable, durable and safer battery for daily-drivers as well. A leaking traditional flooded lead-acid battery could always cause damage under the hood. Many newer cars have the battery mounted in the trunk (boot) or interior where leaks can create a whole new set of problems.

Lasting up to twice as long as a comparable flooded lead-acid battery, you can be assured you will get great value from your AGM battery - especially at RockAuto's reliably low prices!

To see the Battery options we have for your specific vehicle, go to the RockAuto catalog and click on the "Electrical" category. Order a replacement AGM battery today and avoid getting stranded out in the cold. (AGM batteries are extremely heat tolerant as well!)
1-4-18Batteries.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ironically, I do not see any batteries available for an '88 Mustang. I assume this is being progressively rolled out over time to an increasing number of vehicles options?

Ironically, I do not see any batteries available for an '88 Mustang. I assume this is being progressively rolled out over time to an increasing number of vehicles options?

It does seem to be hit-or-miss right now. I just checked as well; there's no "Battery" sub-category available for my 2003 Mustang, but there are some batteries available for my 2003 Explorer and my girlfriend's 2010 Equinox.

Pricing of the batteries seems to be on-par with the brick & mortar establishments locally...shipping isn't as bad as I thought either; it was showing as $10.99 for 1-2 day shipping for a battery to my zip code.

Pricing of the batteries seems to be on-par with the brick & mortar establishments locally...shipping isn't as bad as I thought either; it was showing as $10.99 for 1-2 day shipping for a battery to my zip code.

Yup, I just checked a few other vehicles. Pricing is on-par and shipping was $15. Assuming I don't have a dead vehicle in the driveway, i'll take that to sit on my butt and let someone bring the battery to me.

All the 10 yr old batteries your car will ever need, ROCK AUTO!

I wasn't able to find a lot of reviews on batteries purchased from Rock Auto online with the exception of a couple who said it was fine. Not sure if they checked their manufacturing dates on them before install.

The old saying goes, you get what you pay for....and I'm paying for it now in time and hassle. I purchased an AC Delco AGM battery from Rock Auto, received shipment, looked up the date code and discovered the battery is nearly 10 years old. I came across a post from someone faulting AC Delco's dating system because people could be selling 10 year old batteries as new batteries (only on digit for the year code). Thought that would be some pretty shady business practice if you were carrying 10 year old batteries and selling them as new with a 36 month warranty that expired 7 years ago. Never would've believed it happened to me...twice.

First time, I emailed Rock Auto they were prompt in their response in attempting to correct the situation. They wanted the 10 year old battery back...hmmmmmm???? Maybe to recycle, maybe to restock. Received the replacement that's older than the first one! (after the special notes for internals to discard old inventory and make sure it's a new battery). Rock Auto will now be also handling this other issue "internally." What they won't be handling is any resolution besides, send back the second almost 10 year old battery and replace the order online. By this time we might be into March which is when these batteries will appear to be manufactured new, when in fact they just had their 10th birthday. Beware of Rock Auto's batteries and anything else that has a shelf life.
All worth it if it's a NOS Motorcraft battery. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
All the 10 yr old batteries your car will ever need, ROCK AUTO!

I wasn't able to find a lot of reviews on batteries purchased from Rock Auto online with the exception of a couple who said it was fine. Not sure if they checked their manufacturing dates on them before install.

The old saying goes, you get what you pay for....and I'm paying for it now in time and hassle. I purchased an AC Delco AGM battery from Rock Auto, received shipment, looked up the date code and discovered the battery is nearly 10 years old. I came across a post from someone faulting AC Delco's dating system because people could be selling 10 year old batteries as new batteries (only on digit for the year code). Thought that would be some pretty shady business practice if you were carrying 10 year old batteries and selling them as new with a 36 month warranty that expired 7 years ago. Never would've believed it happened to me...twice.

First time, I emailed Rock Auto they were prompt in their response in attempting to correct the situation. They wanted the 10 year old battery back...hmmmmmm???? Maybe to recycle, maybe to restock. Received the replacement that's older than the first one! (after the special notes for internals to discard old inventory and make sure it's a new battery). Rock Auto will now be also handling this other issue "internally." What they won't be handling is any resolution besides, send back the second almost 10 year old battery and replace the order online. By this time we might be into March which is when these batteries will appear to be manufactured new, when in fact they just had their 10th birthday. Beware of Rock Auto's batteries and anything else that has a shelf life.
Dear (new member) 10yearoldbatteries,
Rock Auto is not like a warehouse full of parts and pieces that they box up and sell/ship to the consumer. They are simply a online catalog, a manufacturer outlet per say.
They are also a vendor sponsor, and I've been a customer of theirs like forever and will defend them.
With a user name like 10yearoldbatteries and a first post criticizing a vendor sponsor here about a battery being 10 years old on their thread seems suspect to me, was it even for a mustang? This is a mustang web site afterall.
Now tell us how you really feel.

I, on the other hand, prefer to see folks post about their experience with a vendor whether they're a sponsor or not.

I've had some issues with RockAuto in the past and no qualms whatsoever about letting them know about it. The response I got was... Wait for it....

Nothing (enter [state of shock] smiley here). Their customer service is nearly non-existent and seem to be fully aware of it. Then they look at their spreadsheets and determine that the number of orders that are somehow [screwed up] are such a small percentage that it doesn't justify the cost of worrying about it.

So long as they hit their completed order goals...

I do have one suggestion though (might not be helpful to all):

If you call them for help, bring your own [Hold] music:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUQo--p6Tg&list=PLLlX4nas9ufbj4dfGbZ9uS0cYJClCfHXH&index=2&ab_channel=Voidz0ne\

:banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Dear (new member) 10yearoldbatteries,
Rock Auto is not like a warehouse full of parts and pieces that they box up and sell/ship to the consumer. They are simply a online catalog, a manufacturer outlet per say.
They are also a vendor sponsor, and I've been a customer of theirs like forever and will defend them.
With a user name like 10yearoldbatteries and a first post criticizing a vendor sponsor here about a battery being 10 years old on their thread seems suspect to me, was it even for a mustang? This is a mustang web site afterall.
Now tell us how you really feel.
I've used them for years as well, but never for batteries. When I was looking for reviews on experiences ordering batteries from Rock Auto, I wasn't able to see anything but these posts. If I would have been aware they had almost 10 year old battery stock, I would've went local. This battery could be used for a mustang and others have made the switch to a size 48.

How I really feel? If I'm shelling out for an AGM battery (that has a shelf life) so I have the piece of mind that my vehicle will start in cold weather, I would like it to be less than almost ten years old. I would also like the assurance that these batteries won't be on the shelf for future potential customers who might live in a place that has temps that need a good battery. I feel like potential customers should have a right to know what type of parts companies are shipping out.
Rock Auto Battery.jpg

Thanks for pointing out the 2020. I've been going off of the following from AC Delco's PDF on warranty information and where to find their date codes. Where I got the following:
How do I read the warranty date code on my battery?
• The warranty date code is located on the top label of the battery. The first character is either a P or S. The next
two digits determine the month, the third digit is year and the fourth digit indicates the manufacturing plant. For
example, P 097N means the battery was made in September 2017.

That battery isn't 10 years old.

Rock Auto Battery.jpg

What an actual battery date code sticker looks like:
Just got off the phone with AC Delco and you're correct and I'm wrong. The date code that I was referencing in the future (G032R) is a distribution code that gives resellers 8 months on either side of the date code. Meaning it could be a future date, which it was in this case. The stamping that you're calling out is the actual manufacturer date meaning it was made in November. I wish AC Delco would make this information more available or change their dating system to not reset after 10 years. Thanks for the help and learning.

First time, I emailed Rock Auto they were prompt in their response in attempting to correct the situation. They wanted the 10 year old battery back...hmmmmmm????
POOF!
I thought an attempt to slam a vendor here and reading closely 10yearold has actually complimented them, so which is it?
And what is in his future?
Many happy starts, though he prolly does not even own a mustang.
He did learn something.